TradeMap provides on-line access to a database on product trade flows and market access barriers for international business development. It presents indicators on export performance, international demand, alternative markets, and the role of competitors from both the product and country perspective.
TradeMap operates in a web-based interactive environment and covers the trade flows (values, quantities, trends, market share, and unit values, both in graphic and tabular format) of over 220 countries and territories, 41 country groups and 5,300 products defined at the 2, 4 or 6-digit level of the Harmonized System (HS revision 1). TradeMap features include:
- Analysis of present export markets: Examine the profile and dynamics of export markets for any product, assess the value, size and concentration of exports and highlight countries where market share has increased.
- Pre-selection of priority markets: View the worlds major importing countries, illustrate the extent of import concentration and in which countries demand has increased over the past five years.
- Overview of competitors in global and specific markets: Identify the leading exporting countries for a given product, highlight a countrys position in world exports or in the imports of partner and neighboring countries.
- Review of opportunities for product diversification in a specific market: Make a comparative assessment of import demand for related products in an export market, identify imports of similar products and possible synergies.
- Identification of existing and potential bilateral trade with any partner country: Identify product-specific opportunities by comparing actual bilateral trade, the total import demand of partner countries and the overall export supply capacity of the home country.
- Information on tariffs and non-tariff barriers: View information on a countrys instruments of trade control (ad-valorem and specific tariffs, MFN tariffs, tariff quotas, anti-dumping duties, prohibitions and norms).